Central Texas RAC Regional Emergency Healthcare System
To provide the infrastructure and leadership necessary to reduce death and disability through coordinated efforts focused exclusively on the Regional Emergency Healthcare System within Trauma Service Area L.
The purpose of this organization is to:
- Advance and improve the state of healthcare for the injured patient within the counties of Trauma Service Area L (Central Texas Regional Area).
- Decrease morbidity and/or mortality.
- Encourage activities designated to promote cooperation and resolve conflicts between member organizations.
- Improve funding of trauma care providers within the counties served by this council.
- Maintain a Regional Emergency Healthcare System Plan for Central Texas RAC, which is based on standard guidelines for comprehensive system development.
- Improve public awareness of the methods of accessing the health care system and preventing injury.
- Coordinate responses to mass casualty and disaster events.