Resources for Prevention
CTRAC has a library of injury prevention resources for the Central Texas RAC to help promote safety, health, and well-being. If you need resources not included on this page, please contact RAC Staff with your need. Just like our Mission states: To provide the infrastructure and leadership necessary to reduce death and disability through coordinated efforts focused exclusively on the Emergency Healthcare System within Trauma Service Area L.
- Approximately 2.8 M people are diagnosed with a brain injury each year. Of those injuries, 47.9% are from falls, 13.2% from MVCs, and 25.4% are from assault.
- 81% of TBIs in adults aged 65 and older are caused by falls.
- Wear a seatbelt.
- Do not drive under the influence.
- Wear helmets and appropriate safety gear while doing activities such as riding bikes, scooters, motorcycles, and skateboards.
- Help prevent older adult falls.
- First Steps
- Community Re-entry
- Heads Up
TAC 157.123 RAC Criteria Document
517 RAC Self-Assessment Handout
Draft TAC157.123 RAC Rule Proposed Revisions
Handout ACS 2022 VRC Standards
Handout ACS 2014 Level IV Criteria
ACS 2014 Level IV Trauma Center Criteria